Technical Education Quality Improvement
The Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme of Government of India (TEQIP), has been conceived in pursuance of the NPE-1986 (as revised in 1992). The Programme aims to upscale and support ongoing efforts of GOI to improve quality of technical education and enhance existing capacities of the institutions to become dynamic, demand-driven, quality conscious, efficient and forward looking, responsive to rapid economic and technological developments occurring both at national and international levels.
The broad objectives of the Programme as given below have been derived from the National Policy on Education (NPE-1986 as revised in 1992):
a) To create an environment in which engineering institutions selected under the Programme can achieve their own set targets for excellence and sustain the same with autonomy and accountability.
b) To support development plans including synergistic networking and services to community and economy of competitively selected institutions for achieving higher standards.
c) To improve efficiency and effectiveness of the technical education management system in the States and institutions selected under the Programme.
The College is one among the six colleges selected from Kerala for financial
assistance by TEQIP, a World Bank Project. The college has recieved an amount of Rupess 5.9
under this programme.
Key activities to achieve a pragmatic future:
- Upgradation of facilities in order to provide top quality infrastructure support.
- Setting up of CAD labs & central computer centre.
- Upgradation of library facility and setting up of digital library.
- Imparting faculty training, encouraging participation and interaction with peer group and industry.
- Setting up of central workshop facility.
- Setting up of a media centre.
- Computerisation of campus activities.
- Moulding the curriculum according to the demands of the Industry.
- Obtaining Quality Certification.
For more details, visit the homepage of
the National Project Implementation Unit - http://www.npiu.nic.in